Can’t imagine being alive
Seeing him I see new life
Like the rainfall he saturates
With the laughter of the gods
Enter into this joy at last
There is no life, without the past.
In my dreams he visits late
When unable to comprehend
Challenges that try to break
Steps that liberate.
In his comfort I remember,
He would say, never be cumbered
By the illusions of fear
But let your anthem be your life
With careful balance my child.
I read to write and write to read
Emotions give life to bloodless sheets
Making books come alive
Entering souls which long to peep
Into the innermost mind.
Oh! bleed on emotions!
Bleed into the sea of death
That many may be reborn
With the haunt of the writers’ breath.
Sunny days and warm nights,
Sea breeze with barn owls flying high,
children’s laughter, running to dinners’ call,
Hot chocolate, coconut bake and fried fish for all,
An evening for the Caribbean child.
Playing jump rope in the light of the moon,
Hoping mama doesn’t call to soon,
Then again the mosquitoes bite,
I no fun at all, so all say goodnight.
In the dim of the inside light.
Songs emit through the walls of clay,
Happy and sleepy in voices gay,
It gives the rhythm of a contented day.
Forming slowly yet,
Male or female emerging,
Life, tender, precious, child, birth.
A haiku on a Friday after work in Trinidad and Tobago.
Friday, beers and rum,
Friends liming, chatting strong,
Party done, till one.
If you think you are on the road to bitterness for whatever reason, here are a few pointers to overcome that cancer.
So you felt like you have been used, taken for granted or just downright played! Now you are left confused and hurt but seething with revenge or hate? Stop!! What you are heading into is a self-made trap. Let’s help you get out…
- Think back to before you felt this way.
- See yourself in the different situations you somehow found yourself in.
- Remember you are in charge of yourself (emotions,attitudes,etc).
- Look at the angles of how thing were going to where you are now, you may feel a bit sorry or angry with yourself. Yes! bitterness encloses that area too, where you are very upset that you allowed yourself to be used.
To fix this you must:
- Admit you had the power to change the situation before it got to where you are at.
- Consider and accept that it is past and doesn’t define who you are now.
- Forgive the other person. Yep, forgiveness comes when you accept that the other person is human too and may not have been as mature enough to see their problem at the time. So you forgive… don’t hold them as a prisoner in your heart. It will only hurt you.
- Move on with your life. Continue to develop/enlighten self. Learn more about who you are as a person and be clear about what you want and do not want from people.
- Don’t forget to smile, it helps.
If this was helpful or if you can add anything else, feel free to comment. Thank you.♥♥♥
creation is finished
so vast is the unknown of what we are in
we seek to discover and yes, we find
species of multi-varied kinds.
known to be the highest intelligence among beings
mankind has created new species.
a specie that is taking our intelligence to stupor
a specie that kill at the will of our intelligent emotion
a specie so fast, we are crushed to death
species that cause major regrets.
species that take millennia to decay
hopefully we create a cleaner way
come tell me the things i want to hear.
tell me them clearly without any fear.
i have seen and felt all you do
but darling i need you say them too.
long nights with candle lights
smooth philosophies sounding right
stories of history told with grace
come on baby, state you fate.
who again have heard these lines?
who again has been wined and dined?
who again was lured to fall from grace?
who again became another face?
pray my dear, I know all these tease,
there is no mistake when it comes with ease.
i am not one easily snared by stories and wine
come again another time.